Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I would like to know how to make a homeade chicken and rice soup. Any good recipes?

I always make my own broth. I start by just covering 4 chicken leg quarters with cold water (don't add too much water or your broth will not be rich enough) and add 1/4 cup fresh parsley and 1 medium chopped onion. I bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours, checking occasionally to be sure water hasn't evaporated too much. When the chicken is ';fall off the bone'; tender, the broth is complete. I strain the broth into another pan and add a handful of raw white rice to the broth. I simmer 15 minutes until the rice is almost done. Meanwhile, I debone the chicken, discarding the skin and bones, and put aside. I also steam fresh sliced carrots and celery until soft but not mushy. When the rice is almost done, I add the deboned chicken, carrots and celery and season to taste with salt and pepper. If the broth didn't come out rich enough, I add 1 packet of Herbox low sodium chicken boullion.I would like to know how to make a homeade chicken and rice soup. Any good recipes?
Chicken and rice soup





If you don't want the vegetables just omit them, i personally love it.








INGREDIENTS:





* 1/2 cup chopped celery


* 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced


* 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth


* 1/2 cup water


* 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables


* 3/4 cup converted long-grain white rice


* 1 tablespoon dried parsley


* 2 teaspoons lemon and herb seasoning





DIRECTIONS:





1. Combine celery, chicken pieces, chicken broth, water, mixed vegetables, rice, parsley and herb seasoning in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. If soup is too thick, add more water to dilute and allow 15 minutes of additional cookingI would like to know how to make a homeade chicken and rice soup. Any good recipes?
Thai style Chicken and Rice Soup





I can of chicken stock


1 medium package of chicken breasts


Fresh Ginger, grated


2 teaspoons thai curry paste


5 tablespoons Sesame Oil


3 cups mixed and diced vegetables


2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed





Bring the chicken stock and oil to a boil then add the curry paste, ginger, and garlic. Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and brown with oil and salt. When the chicken pieces are browned add to the stock with the diced vegetables. Stir occasionally. Cooking time should be about 1 hour for a family sized pot.
It's very simple. After the basic ingredients decide what type of flavor you like, mexican, italian, chinese, cajon, and add the basic spices apprpriate.





you can use store bought chicken broth but homemade is better. Try some wild rice mixed in.





Add appropriate veggies but don't overcook them.
invite the chicken over for dinner. when the chicken isnt looking hit them on the back of the head. put them in a pot of water and cook with rice.
i just made some the other day. But when I make soup I generally just throw a bunch of stuff in a pot.





I dont know, it tastes pretty good...





Uhhh...I had some left over chicken legs and I skinned them, and just boiled them in a pot of water....uhhh...I threw some some potatoes in there....and I dunno...I put some onions and celery in the frying pan, cooked that up and threw it in the pot...I put in some chicken soup broth...uhh...and I cooked some rice and threw it in...added some spices...thats about it. I dont know...I dont really cook by recipe...i kinda just cook as I go and learn what tastes good...
3-4 chicken thighs with bone and skin


5-6 stalks celery, plus the ribs with all the leafy tops, all choped, dice the stalks and mince the ribs


1 large onion, halved, quartered and sliced


3 carrots, peeled and diced


vegetable bouillion or vegetable broth, maybe 2 cans


water





Cover the chicken with water and boil for about an hour to get a base...you will have to skim ';foam'; off the top of the pan as the chicken is boiling. After about an hour remove chicken and set aside to cool. Add all the chopped veggies and bouillion to water and bring back to a boil and them simmer low. When the chicken cools, debone and remove meat and add back to pot. Simmer until all the veggies are soft.





Meanwhile, make some rice or noodles in a separate pot and add when done cooking soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment