Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?

He loves soup and I want to start making my own. Bulk recipes would be fine too because I'll freeze the leftovers.Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?
Italian Wedding Soup:


Ingredients


1/2 lb lean ground beef


1 egg, slightly beaten


2 tablespoons breadcrumbs


1 tablespoon parmesan cheese


1/2 teaspoon dried basil


1/2 teaspoon onion powder


5 3/4 cups chicken broth


2 cups chopped escarole or chopped spinach


1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked


1/3 cup finely chopped carrots


grated parmesan cheese


Directions


1 - In medium bowl combine, meat, egg,bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil%26amp; onion powder; shape into 3/4'; balls.


2- In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot%26amp; meatballs.


3 - Return to boil;reduce heat to medium.


4 - Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.


5 - Stir frequently to avoid sticking.


6 - Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.





I'd suggest two yolks instead of one egg until he's 1yo %26amp; you've tried out the whites to make sure he isn't allergic.


I suggested in your other question to make the soup; I'm glad you're looking for recipes!! Btw... I 'occasionally' give my 14 month old son canned soup (he loves Italian Wedding). It's all about moderation.


Check out this link for more soups:


http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q[鈥?/a>Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?
Obviously, start with ingredients that he's already had and you know he isn't allergic to.





You can buy stock or make your own, but either way, try to keep the sodium content as low as possible. And, when you season it, make sure that you introduce only one seasoning at a time to watch for allergic reactions.





There really isn't any sort of recipe that you need to follow. Just fill a big pot with some broth (or plain water--whichever you choose), and fill it up with a variety of ingredients.





I make a lot of soups out of chicken/turkey, and add a ton of veggies (pretty much whatever is in season, or frozen). When my boys were younger, I always made sure to cook everything until it was incredibly tender and/or soft (to reduce choking). My favourite way of doing that was in a crock-pot. You can fill the crock-pot up with everything and just let it cook! If you're wanting to add rice or pasta, add those towards the end to keep them from turning to mush (though, it does make a nice, thick broth if it turns to mush!). Depending on how big your pieces are, it can take anywhere from 3-6 hours in a crock-pot. I found it useful to stir it a little about once an hour to keep certain veggies from cooking to the bottom or sides (peas, corn, and carrots do that to me a lot).
At 11 months you can use christaphine, carrots, celery,cabbage, potato, squash, butter garlic and onion and boil them together soft enough that he can crush it with his gums or you can blend it together in the blender and pour it into his bowl for him to enjoy.
What kinds of soup does he like?

No comments:

Post a Comment