Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?

My 11 month old loves soup and I need some recipes. Preferably ones low in sodium. Bulk recipes are fine too because I can freeze the leftovers.Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?
Lets see


http://www.cookitsimply.com/category-002鈥?/a>


http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/selec鈥?/a>


http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/pop鈥?/a>


http://www.greenchronicle.com/soup_recip鈥?/a>


(best answer??)Can I get some soup recipes for my 11 month old son?
Here is an easy, delicious soup that my 11 month old twin boys LOVE:





Italian Chicken Soup





1 qt chicken or veggie stock (I like the low-sodium stock in a box)


1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped fine


1 small zucchini, chopped very fine


6 baby carrots, chopped very fine


1 small bag orzo


Seasonings of choice





Bring the stock to a simmer with the chicken and veggies. Season as you desire (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder or Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb--it's salt free!). Add the orzo and simmer until the veggies are tender and the orzo is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!





You can make the chicken and veggie pieces any size you like...I chop them fine to prevent choking.








By the way..you CAN freeze soup just fine...the flavor will not spoil...you can simply add a little more seasoning or some freshly chopped herbs for a fresh flavor.








Good luck!
Use no sodium no fat chicken broth and cook some pastina in there.
HELLO


Yes this is food %26amp; drink


BUT


DO you know there is a section about Pregnancy %26amp; PARENTING it is broken down by age groups..and the people there know far more than we..as for freezing soup don't it spoils the flavor..
Boil a chicken in water with 5 stalks of celery graded up with a cheese grader.


Add a dash of poultry spice


Boil for 30 minutes


Add what ever vegetables he likes (carrots potatoes onion...)


Add barley or rice (1 cup or so)and boil for another hour or so.


Pull the chicken off hte bone and add meat back to soup.


Salt and pepper if so desired


You can add egg noodles if you desire. They cook within 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment